An essential course for anyone seeking employment that involves making sales and dealing with customers in a customer-facing context.
In this course, learners understand how to look after customers, make a successful sale, understand buying and selling processes as well as security systems and procedures.
Course Duration: 18 hours (each Unit can be completed individually)
This course is suitable for the following ANZSCO work types:
Sales Assistant (all industries), Sales Representative (all industries), Rental Salesperson, Cash Van Salesperson, Service Station Attendant, Customer Services Representative, Motor Vehicle Salesperson, Admissions Clerk, Call or Contact Centre Operator, Retail Buyer, Real Estate Salesperson, Ticket Seller, Street vendor, Betting Agency Counter Clerk.
Contact us on 0800 783 729 to book today!
Courses / Training
NZQA Unit Standard 25000 – Demonstrate Knowledge of Security Systems and Procedures in a Retail or Distribution Environment
NZQA Level 2 – 3 credits (4.5 hours)
- What is a security system?
- Types of security systems
- Threats or potential threats to cash and valuable items
- Handling cash and valuable items
- Keeping yourself safe and others safe
NZQA Unit Standard 28295 – Demonstrate knowledge of serving customers in a retail environment
NZQA Level 2 – 5 credits (5.5 hours)
- Applying personal skills when serving customers
- Effective communication skills
- Responding to customer ssues
- Using selling strategies
- Positive customer experience
- Understanding customer expectations
NZQA Unit Standard 12003 – Demonstrate Knowledge of Buying and Selling Processes in a Retail or Distribution Environment
NZQA Level 2 – 3 credits (8 hours)
- Factors that affect buying
- Types of buying principles
- Advantages and disadvantages of buying to pre-set levels
- Factors used to set price
- Impact of discounting
- Sales process stages, legislative requirements