Step by Step Training runs two workplace health and safety courses that describe and define best practices, particularly in the context of a retail or distribution environment.
Each course can be completed individually.
Contact us today to book a course!
Courses / Training
NZQA Unit Standard 497 – Demonstrate knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements
NZQA Level 1 – 3 credits (4.5 hours)
- Health and Safety Act – what it means
- Keeping yourself and others safe – your responsibilities
- Occupational Overuse Syndrome (OOS)
- Protective equipment and clothing
- Identifying hazards and what to do in an emergency
NZQA Unit Standard 11971 – Use safe work practices in a retail or distribution environment
NZQA Level 2 – 3 credits (4.5 hours)
- Safety in the workplace
- Minimise Risk of Fatigue and Occupational Overuse Syndrome
- Work breaks and equipment
- How to have a Comfortable and Safe Work Station